Monday, September 8, 2008

The Mighty Hunter

Last night, a possum entered our yard and Roscoe sounded the alarm. He begged, pleaded, and cajoled, but we refused to allow him into the yard to take down that evil possum. He resorted to flinging himself against the door and the slider, but still we stood firm.

Did the possum flee over the fence after taking one look at the snarling teeth threatening to show him just how welcome he was? Oh, no, possums are, unfortunately, not that bright. Instead, he stood frozen in terror.

Ultimately, I went out in my PJs and clapped my hands in its face to encourage him to leave.

Roscoe humphed and sulked but eventually decided curling up on a pillow was a better alternative to pouting and went back to bed.

Since we limit Roscoe's access to things like possums and raccoons, he has had to find other outlets for his hunting prowess.



3 comments:

Karen said...

Wouldn't your life be boring without Roscoe and Bella? And, of course, the bagel noming, moth hunting kitteh, Scout.

Carrie Squires said...

I don't know how you possibly could keep from laughing while recording this. Roscoe is the only apple eating dog I've ever heard of! And he jumps with such skill!

Jen in SLO said...

Carrie - I can't stand listening to myself laugh, which gives me the strength to hold it in while the camera's running! :)

They're the reason being without cable's not that bad. We have 24/7 fuzzy entertainment.