Here are some preliminary offerings:

Twentieth Anniversary Edition of Trivial Pursuit. I think we've played this once. $10 Boardgamegeek.com lists it at $50 for new and $12 for like new. You're getting a bargain!

This one's a little more well-used. Both Joe and I owned a version when we got married. I don't know why we haven't gotten rid of one of them before now. It does still have some score papers, so it hasn't been used that often. For $3 you too could have hours of board game fun.

Pretty terracotta pot with Southwestern design. This one's on freecycle. Yours if you want it.

Makes good waffles, for people who like waffles. I don't particularly, and Joe doesn't like them enough to warrant hauling out the waffle maker. Linens and Things lists it at $30, new. Yours for $8!

Are you having a Hawaiian-themed party? Then you need these glass slippers. They're pretty fancy, but I'm letting them go free!

This 8"x12" cutting board has been trapped inside the shrink wrap for more than four years, the poor thing. Don't you want to set him free? You can do so for the low, low price of $7. That's half what you'd pay at a big box store, so you can save money and avoid the guilt of shopping at a big box store yourself.

Are these not the most adorable cat mugs you've ever seen? Surely you know a cat lover who must have these mugs. They're Warren Kimble Cats, for goodness' sake! And they can be yours for $4! That's $1 a mug! You won't find better mugs at the dollar store, I guarantee. Fill them with catnip, and you have an instant gift for the cat lovers in your life.

Do I really need to describe these? They're belly dancing tassels, of course! C'mon, you know you've always secretly wanted to take up belly dancing but didn't know what to wear to the first class. Well, now you can show up and dance in style from the very start. $10 for the red, black, and white. $5 for the pink and green because you'll have to attach them to a belt. I'll even link you to where you can sign up.
http://www.worldrhythmandmotion.com/classes.php

Are you looking to start the CA teaching credential program? Do you know you need to pass a set of 3 subject tests before you can do so? I didn't, so I had to buy this book and study very quickly last July. I passed all three on the first try. This book was helpful, and it could probably help you, too. Because I am so very generous, I'll let you have it for $10. That's SIX dollars off the lowest used price at Amazon, and you don't even have to pay shipping.
These mighty mind bender cards are in like new condition. That's because some of them are really hard, and I get annoyed by them easily. So they sit on my shelf and mock me. I'd like to stop being mocked, so I'm letting these go for $4. If you tried to buy them at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Gift Shop, you'd be paying three times as much. I recommend buying them from me.

Rose-shaped mini bundt cakes! Who doesn't love rose-shaped mini bundt cakes? My wonderful friends threw a bridal shower for me and served these and then gave me the pan. I loved it. I also invariably ruined whatever I baked in it. It's not the pan's fault, I promise. Do you have the ability to follow the directions on the back of a cake mix box and pour neatly? If so, you'd love this pan even more than I do. Amazon sells it for $32, and it doesn't even qualify for super-saver shipping. Think of the money you'd be saving if you bought it from me for $10.

This is probably the most awesome picnic backpack out there. It has everything to have an environmentally-friendly picnic. There's no filling of landfills with plastic forks and styrofoam plates here! You can take your sweetheart and double date. There's enough for four! We're simply not romantic enough to take full advantage of it. So there it sits in our cupboard, tags still attached, cutlery still unused, taunting us and our non-romantic ways. Picnic At Ascot (from where this particular version comes) lists it at $103. Yes, you read that right. But since I'm tired of being taunted by inanimate objects, I'll let you have it for $55. Use it yourself or give it to some romantic newlyweds.
And, hey, you know Christmas is practically around the corner, right? There are people out there who have already started their shopping. Do you want to be behind the curve?

Are you one of those people that just loves cooking from scratch? Are you someone who always wants to ensure your family has only the finest ingredients and everything is made with love? I'm not, so I'm not really sure why I have this KitchenAid pasta maker/food grinder attachment. I did make my own ground beef for a while because, while don't really care about love, I do like cheap. And grinding your own lean chuck is cheaper than buying 7% ground beef.
But then I got the Tasin TS108 to grind turkey necks & whole chickens for the dogs, so I don't need a meat grinder/pasta maker combo. But you might for the bargain price of $25. Because while you aren't so neurotic that you make homemade dog food, you're just neurotic enough to make your own pasta and sausages.
I'm assuming that these are what is inside the lavender box labeled "Mary Kay Private Spa Collection Embrace Romance" because I did a Google search for those words, and this picture came up. I don't know for sure, though, because the box has not even left its shrink wrap. So if you were to buy these candles, you'd be the very first person to take a whiff and light the wick. If you bought them from Mary Kay herself, she'd charge you $8 and make you sit through a sales pitch. I won't do that to you. No sales pitch here, just hand over $5 and I'll give you the candles. Fair enough?

You might have picked up on a theme in my listings, I'm not much for fancy homemade cooking. And this book is fancy. So fancy that when I look at the pictures I get the urge to pick up the phone and call for reservations somewhere. But then I remember that I'm cheap, so I have to be content with longing for yummy food but not longing enough to actually do something about it. This book is so intimidating that it has never even been in my kitchen. That means it is in brand new condition. You could buy this book to give as a wedding gift for $13, which is less than half what is written on the inside of the book. That means you get credit for being a big spender without actually spending. What a deal, right?
*****************************************************
Stay tuned for more. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg. It's possible the next listing won't be as detailed, though. My fingers hurt.




7 comments:
I have dibs on Taboo!
If no one local wants the wafflemaker and Trivial Pursuit, I do. I also want the bellydancing belt (not for me :^)
Oh girl. I could SO take some of that stuff off yer hands in a hurry. Too bad shipping to NC would put a hurting on me. LOL I'd be SO all over the belly dancing belt. Don't even ask.
Oh. And Mary Kay? Quite dead by the way. I actually used to sell that stuff - and I cannot remember the candles, but that particular line smelled quite yum.
Remind me sometime to tell about the time I was selling Mary Kay, backed my car into a ditch, and then had to chase it down a hill in high heels and a skirt. :)
Carrie - Taboo and then some is a fair exchange for dealing with R&B on their way home from Thousand Hills!
Mom - Someone else requested Trivial Pursuit, which is good, because I wouldn't have any room in my suitcase for clothes if I brought it to you. :)
Laura - Well, that's it, I need to take a road trip east. I could unload some stuff and meet the Crazies. I think it's worth a 2700 mile road trip, don't you? And chasing your car down the hill in high heels and a skirt? I think a blog post on said topic is in order. :)
Sure, what's 2700 miles when there are Crazies waiting for you at the other end? But only if Roscoe and Bella come too.
Maybe I'll have to make a blog entry on that episode. I keep thinking I've got to get some of that stuff down to keep it fresh.
Jen did you sell your Waffle Maker?
-lisa
Hey Jen, did you sell your waffle maker, if not we will take it.
Post a Comment