Liz and kids left yesterday, and it was a fun visit. You know how sometimes when you are one-half of a childless couple, you visit people with children and you leave those people saying to your spouse, "That was exhausting. I don't think I could do that all day"? Liz's kids aren't those children. They're the kind of children that make you think, "Hmm, maybe I could do this." Of course, that's really a testament to Liz and Tony's parenting more than anything else. At one point, A&E complained that they each wanted to go on a different carnival ride. Liz said, "You can go on a ride together or not at all." They immediately decided they wanted to go on the same ride, because they've learned that Mommy means what she says.
I just got off the phone with the mother of a friend of mine. I listened to a half-hour recruitment pitch for Mary Kay consulting and then answered some questions. She took down my name and address and offered me $25 worth of free product. Sarah had called me asking if I'd do this for her mom, who only needed one more person to listen to the pitch this month. She thought of me because she knew I liked free stuff. This is true, but I'd like to point out to her that I said "yes" before I knew I'd be getting free stuff. Because in addition to liking free stuff, I am also a nice person.
I do have more things to put up for sale, and thanks to those of you who actually bought some of my things. I just don't have time right now, and I'm about to take off for Oregon and a week with my family up there. So check back, or subscribe on Google.com/reader and know instantly when more awesome things you must have are available to purchase for cheap.
The Great Grocery Challenge is still going strong. However, we "busted the budget" this week and went over by THIRTEEN dollars! I'm still in shock. I had to indulge in fair food on Tuesday because I just couldn't sit there and watch the kids eat corndogs and ice cream and not partake of exorbitantly over-priced goodies myself. However, we did get 3 adults and 2 kids into the fair for only $16. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
1 year ago




2 comments:
Please, please tell me you had a funnel cake. No fair is complete without funnel cake. I would KILL for one right now. Well, maybe next week, anyway.
PS - I like that kind of child. Don't get me wrong, I like children in general, but when the parents have done a good job and the children are just... NICE... sometimes I feel a little sad not to have any. Then... I get over it. :)
No funnel cake. I'm a salty fair food kinda girl.
I did have Elephant Ears in Portland last week, which are like funnel cakes without the funnelling. Just a giant round of fried dough. Yum.
Post a Comment