Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Purple Room

Also in January, we made major progress in the transformation of the “Master Bedroom” to “Craft Room/Study” aka “The Purple Room.” Joe and I decided to move our bedroom from the master room in the front to one of the guest bedrooms. It’s quieter in the back of the house than in the front, and not having to listen to the college kids walk home from the bars at 2 a.m. means I’m nicer to them at 2 p.m.

I had become fond of a particular combo of purple and green in a ceramic frame that Carolee gave us, so I went to Home Depot and had the machine match the frame to paint samples. Purple Balloon and Limeade. The walls became purple balloon, and the recessed window and closet doors are limeade. The trim is white. It’s festive. It's fun. It's unique. It's very, very purple.

No comments: