Friday, July 23, 2010

Thirty Days of Thrifting:~~~ Day Three

Day Three sent me over to Mission Thrift, which is the thrift store/fundraiser for Old Mission School. I never knew this place existed, and I drive by it not too infrequently. It's around the corner from the co-op where I buy coconut oil and vanilla beans and other random co-op-y type stuff. And it has a bright yellow sign. How did I not notice this was here?


It's a nice little store; the set up is not as utilitarian as Goodwill, and the prices range from significantly lower than Goodwil to significantly higher. It seems they try to price by value rather than letting it all average out in the end, like Goodwill does. A shirt could be $1 or $10 depending on the perceived value. I think it will be harder to find really good deals here, and I didn't have time for browsing clothes today.

Lots of glass jars, but they were in the $10-15 range. I'm not paying $10-15 for a thrift store glass jar.

I found three books. One Dick Francis for me and two books for my class. Fifty cents each.




Tomorrow: a garage sale

No comments: