Thursday, December 6, 2007

Two Years Later

We had a small going-away party for friends who are moving to Burbank this evening. At one point conversation turned to blogging, and I was inspired to resurrect this one. Since I drank a Pepsi at 8 p.m., which one should never do without adequate caffeine-tolerance training, I'm inspired to resurrect it now, at 3 a.m. Sunday morning.

This began two years ago "accidentally." It then became too much of a hssle to maintain the blog, but spending the last hour re-reading all the posts and comments reminded me of the value of a real diary. I like this interactive diary. I like reading the comments from Bill and Mom. It's not as personal and revealing as a real diary, but I probably wouldn't write anything personal and revealing in a "real" diary either. Maybe someday I'll print this out and put it in a binder.

Anyway this year's posts will probably include more reflections on teaching this year as I start my second year of elementary school. We'll still have some comments on marriage. Plenty of dog and cat stories. Movie and book reviews. Basically anything that occurs to me.

For now, I am inspired to attempt sleeping. The television just went to the colored bars and high-pitched squeal. You know it's late when you reach the end of television.

No comments: