Saturday, June 14, 2008

End of the Year

We had our end of the year party on Thursday, and as expected, I rode the Stampede many times.


I don't actually mind; I'll go down it by myself.



Mustang Waterslides is an awesome place to have an end of year party with students. There are a ton of lifeguards and the whole place is enclosed. Teachers just have to generally count heads every once in a while to make sure all of theirs are still in the park, but otherwise, we just got to goof off and have fun with the kids, too.

I think students would be shocked at how much teachers like to goof off. Yesterday we had a half-day, and I started moving my stuff over to 6th grade while the current 6th grade teacher packed up. At one point, he was showing me how to run the SmartBoard (I am so excited to have a SmartBoard next year!) and a Nintendo game was hooked up to it. This led to a Mario Brothers battle between 4th, 5th, and 6th while we were supposed to be working. At one point, Mr. M said, "I wonder which of us is going to be the grown-up and say 'We should get back to work.' It's not gonna be me."

No comments: