Friday, August 27, 2010

Groupon's Fandango Deal!


I was actually a Cinema Studies student at NYU years ago. This means that I got to spend enormous amounts of time watching movies and it was not wasting time. In fact, I was supposed to watch movies. It was awesome. I love movies. I really love going to the theater to watch movies because big screen productions are meant to be enjoyed in the context of an audience and the audience you watch it with can significantly change the experience.

These days I am a private school teacher, which means that I still love movies but don't love paying for them.

This also means I am totally excited about groupon's current deal. You can buy a $12-value ticket for $4! That's less than matinee price!

It's a sneaky deal, so you might not have seen it even if you already have a groupon account. If you do, simply sign in and come back here to click this link:

Fandango Groupon Deal or use my Referral to Fandango's Groupon Deal

I don't know if the second one will work because I don't understand all the in's and out's of Groupon yet. Not many deals are valid in San Luis Obispo. But theoretically I would get credit for referrals! That would be cool, but if you just want to click on the generic link, that's fine with me too.

If you don't have a Groupon account, get one now and then come back to click the link.

Be sure to read "the fine print" before buying and note that you can only buy ONE, whether for a gift or for yourself. So if you want two, get your significant other to make an account and you can each have one.

2 comments:

Karen said...

So sad that I missed this one. And what are "sneaky" deals? Don't want to miss any good groupons!

Jen in SLO said...

I just called it sneaky 'cause that article I linked indicated it was a push to build their list. You could only buy one per person, but most people will want to go to the movies with at least one other person. They also offered $10 for referring others, leading one to believe the intent was to add more Groupon users.

Also, they only sent notification to a select group and Fandango simply tweeted it and put up a FB post, leaving it to the users to continue the push.

I just heard about it from Joe who I assume read it on slickdeals.