My brother had a blog. It was very funny. He posted 14 times on it and then stopped. I'm not sure why. There was something about a life and a job and a family . . .
Anyway, I posted one of his articles before. Back then I asked his permission to do it, but I didn't ask for this one. My reasons are inexplicable. Well, no, that's not true, I just needed a segue (not a Segway -nobody needs a Segway).
Inexplicable
I think inexplicable might be my favorite word.
I don’t really know why.
I hear it in my head the way Sylvester the Cat would say it. Some people might be drawn towards the way Vizzini from the Princess Bride (“Inconceivable!”) might say it, but that’s too short-sighted.
I think inexplicable could easily replace “sufferin’ succotash” whenever Sylvester’s attempts to capture Tweety Bird are thwarted.
If you really think about it, and I suggest you don’t, the whole notion of trying to eat Tweety is inexplicable. I mean, he’s all head; there’s no meat there! Then again, if the alternative is succotash…
Maybe that’s why he says, “sufferin’ succotash.” It’s similar to the saying, “I don’t suffer fools lightly,” which I’ve always taken to mean, “I’m not going to put up with your idiocy without pointing it out to you.” Sylvester isn’t going to eat succotash because, well, because it’s a mixture of corn and lima beans, which is just gross. He needs to remind himself why it is so important to catch Tweety. He will NOT be suffering succotash tonight.
Hmm, maybe that’s why I like the word inexplicable. Whenever something defies explanation, you can just make something up.
1 year ago




2 comments:
LOL - When the title came up on my blogger notifications page, I thought this was going to come under the section on "groceries" - an economical and tasty (or not so tasty - hence the "suffferin' ") recipe for succotash!!
I'm afraid I agree with my brother in his assessment of succotash! So no tasty succotash recipes from me, no matter how economical they may be!
Post a Comment