I am dedicated to the art of saving money. I have to teach summer school this summer to get a credential. Apparently my years of experience in private school are not enough. I have to have 125 hours at public school before they'll give me credit.
So my advisor got me a placement in Nipomo. Horrified by the thought of a long commute coupled with ridiculous gas prices, I got on the phone and called the school around the corner to see if they'd be doing summer school and if I could be a student teacher.
I just had a response from the summer school principal; she said she had to talk to the teachers to make sure they wanted a student teacher but "we will figure out a way to make this happen."
That's a savings of about $50-60/week in gas depending on which car I drive. The school is a five-minute WALK from our house. Pray that she really does figure out a way "to make this happen."
1 year ago




2 comments:
That would be wonderful!! I'll pray.
Well, it looks like I'll be in Morro Bay, which is no five minute walk. But it's a little closer than Nipomo. K - 2 Language Intervention. :)
Post a Comment