I just realized I only have 4.5 more instructional days in the school year!! Yikes! That kind of sneaked up on me (yes, "sneaked," but feel free to use "snuck" anywhere but with your English teacher) . The end of school is still a long, dreary three weeks away.
But since I'm job-sharing, I only get the kids half the time. I also traded a Friday way back in February (when it didn't seem so bad to lose a day of working), so I'm losing one of my Fridays this month. Then we have awards assemblies and end of year field trips and track and field days.
All in all, I have to teach 17 fourth graders everything there is to know about adding, subtracting, reducing, and multiplying fractions in 3 days (we need 1 day for review and then the test!) They also need to learn all about the the Bear Flag Revolt and how California became a state.
I see some whining in the future. The kids might not like it either.
1 year ago




2 comments:
Make sure you use pizzas!! Teaching kids about fractions never works unless you use pizzas :^)
Yeah friend. man I have been missing you guys. I have been kindof out of the loop lately, no time for internet. I look at the computer 8
+ hours a day at work and just dont always have the umpf for it back home, but I miss staying up to date on the cyber world. I like the new look to your blog. I hope your well- almost done with school, congrats. I feel like I am back in school. I am studing a couple hours a day for my architect exams. I start my first of 7 test in July.
Post a Comment